His faithfulness in our frustration




“Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul” (Lam. 3: 22-24).  Therefore, I can pray: “In Your faithfulness answer me” (Ps. 143:1), because His compassions fail not, and because they are new every morning
The Lord’s faithfulness in facing our frustration:
And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter … And the people complained against Moses (Ex. 15:22-24).  The people were overjoyed because they came out of Egypt, and because Pharaoh and his chariots drowned in the sea.  After they sang the song of Moses proclaiming the: greatness and wonderful works of the Lord, they walked for three days in the dessert without any water.  When they finally came to an oasis, they assumed the Lord had met their needs saving them from thirst.  Instead, they were shocked and started murmuring against Moses when they discovered that the water was bitter.  We are often frustrated when things don’t happen as expected; an example of that is what happened with Elijah.  After fire came down from heaven and ate the sacrifice, Elijah killed the prophets of Baal and expected that this would end Jezebel.  However, she threatened to kill him and this frustrated and depressed him. “And when he saw that, he rose and ran for his life … and he prayed that he might die.”(1Kgs 19:3, 4)
The way to overcome frustration is to set your eyes on the Lord, the faithful one, not on circumstances or people.  Tell yourself the following words: I declare that all things work together for my good, even other people’s mistakes.  If the water is bitter, the Lord is able to remove any bitterness from my circumstances and from my heart.  
If you ask the Lord to help you focus on Him, He will protect you from your surrounding frustrations and heal your circumstances.
“So he cried out to the Lord and the Lord showed him a tree, when he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet.” (Ex. 15:25). The Lord is able to remove bitterness from our hearts, healing us from depression just as he did with Elijah, and also to deal with our circumstances according to His great faithfulness.
The tree points to the crucified Jesus who loved us and died for our sakes.  Therefore, do not fling away your confidence for He will definitely heal you, removing your bitterness as He did with the Israelites in the past.  Not only did the Lord heal the waters, but also brought them to Elim where there were twelve springs and seventy date palms!! What a compensation!! If we are faithless, He remains faithful.
“When I heard, my body trembled; … That I might rest in the day of trouble … Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.”(Hab. 3:16, 18).  As Habakkuk prayed, he found rest and rejoiced in the Lord.  Follow Habakkuk’s example and do not focus on people or circumstances, but only on the Lord and the Holy Spirit will work in your heart and fill you with joy and confidence in the Lord!
“You have a mighty arm; strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand; mercy and truth go before Your face…. But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him,… My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, nor allow My faithfulness to fail” (Ps. 89: 13,14, 24, 33). The Lord remains the faithful one; He will never lie or alter what he uttered.  Therefore, we can always trust him in the midst of fluctuations.
“Then Noah built an altar to the lord (after the flood) … and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground” (Gen. 8:20, 21).  The burnt offering symbolizes the work of the Lord Jesus for us on the cross forgiving our iniquities and sins to redeem us from the curse.  “Thus I establish My covenant with you … never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth … I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.” (Gen. 9:11, 13).  The rainbow was set in the sky to remind people that there will not be another flood to destroy the earth.  “and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald” (Rev. 4:3) We will see the rainbow in its fullness in eternity; meaning that our perception of the Lord’s faithfulness on earth is limited.  In heaven, we will see the full rainbow and grasp the faithfulness of the Lord fully.  The rainbow in its beautiful green color speaks about vitality and life.
“Then he said to me: “This water flows … And it shall be that every living thing that moves, wherever the rivers go, will live.” (Ezek. 47:8, 9). The Holy Spirit resembled by water brings healing, joy, comfort, doubling our strength and peace